An entry-level ‘Analytical Chemist’ position in Winder Laboratories, a Pharma Company in Atlanta, Georgia is open. Expertise and troubleshooting skill in HPLC are highly required. Interested candidates with a M.S/PhD degree can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. The supervisor of the position is a Bangladeshi chemist and, therefore, applicants with Bangladeshi origin are encouraged to apply.
Information courtesy: Md. Toufiqur Rahman
My (Mohammad Karim) current lab at Morgridge Institute for Research in University of Wisconsin – Madison is hiring postdoc(s). Please click the following link to know what we do. If you find yourself a good fit and are interested, contact with Melissa Skala, the principal investigator of our lab, at email@example.com. You can send your CV to me too at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will be happy to walk it over. Please share the message with others you know of, who might be interested. Thank you.
Scientific Instrumentation Specialist
Scientific Instrumentation Specialist at Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry in University of Toledo, Ohio (Please see the link below)
http://www.utoledo.edu/…/Scientific%20Instrumentation_Ad.pdf Information courtesy: Yeakub Zaker(PhD Candidate at University of Toledo, Ohio)
Peter Andreana research group at University of Toledo, Ohio is hiring postdoc(s). Expertise in carbohydrate synthesis is required. Please go to the following link to know about Andreana group and their research.
Information Courtesy: Farzana Hossain Eleza (4th year Graduate Student in Andreana Group).
Chemist Intern position
Walt Disney Imagineering Research and Development
Position: Intern, Applied Science
When: All semesters in 2018 (3 and 6-month internships available with extensions possible, start and end dates flexible)
Location: Glendale, CA
GENERAL ROLE DESCRIPTION:
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) designs and builds Disney’s theme parks, resorts and cruise ships. Imagineers come from many disciplines, including engineers, chemists, and biologists, in addition to some of the finest artists in the industry. We push the boundaries of the technology behind the magic, in areas as diverse as special effects, visual effects, robotics, architecture, ride systems, theatrics, 3D printing, etc.
WDI Research and Development is involved in the early phase of technology development. It is a startup environment in a big company, we fail fast and learning quickly on our way to success.
Chemistry matters to us. We make extensive use of polymers in our theme parks. A variety of plastics and resins are used in applications including, but not limited to, ride vehicles, 3D glasses, construction, park merchandise, etc. We also use advanced elastomers in artificial robot skin, special effects, roller coaster wheels, etc. In addition, we use coatings on almost every surface in our parks.
CORE FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Sourcing, testing and qualification of polymeric materials and coatings.
· Materials selection and integration: select appropriate materials for specific design goals and successful integration into projects.
· R&D and formulation of new plastics, elastomers, coatings and other chemical compounds.
· Failure analysis and reliability.
· Consultation on polymer-related and general technical/scientific topics.
· Work with vendors and/or internal partners on the above.
DESIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Some or all of the following:
· Expertise in materials chemistry, especially related to polymers and coatings, and how this relates to mechanical, chemical, optical and other properties
· Experience with laboratory work
· Formulation and synthesis of polymeric materials
· Understanding of fundamentals of failure analysis and reliability
· Currently pursuing a B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or other relevant field of study
· Demonstrated ability to rapidly acquire expertise in disparate technical disciplines
· Relevant industry or research experience (internships count)
· Experience with and commitment to serving internal customers
· Sense of humor!
To apply, please send your resume to Aman Thomas (Aman.L.Thomas.-ND@disney.com) and use subject line: WDI-CHEM-2018.
-your undergraduate and graduate GPA.
-the semester(s) you are interested in. Start and end dates are flexible, internships are available year-round.